Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Intro

I chose to take this course because as a social work major, I feel that it will help me in my profession. I also find this topic very interesting and think that I will be able to learn a lot. As part of my career, I would like to eventually work in a hospital as a social worker. I have thought about working in the Emergency Room, where it is very likely that I will encounter individuals who are experiencing an addiction. By the end of this course, I hope to not only understand how drugs affect individuals physiologically, psychologically, and socially, but also how they affect society as a whole. I think that it is very important to understand the impact of drugs not only on the individual, but also on society because in doing this we can work to decrease the amount of drugs being abused in society. I also would like to understand the recovery aspect of drug addiction because this will be important in my future career.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for deciding to take this course! I think you will find the content very helpful in preparing you for your career in social work.

    ReplyDelete